Goodbye Jimbo Fisher.

Crap.

He did it.

He left us. For Texas A&M ????? REALLY. The SEC JIMBO COME ON.

Photo taken from SportsCenter Twitter
Jimbo Fisher's 8 seasons with the Florida State Seminoles Football team will be rememered as a great era.

He brought us to the National Championship in the 2013 season. Something they hadn't done since 1999. A title that they snatched from Auburn in the second half thanks to Jimbo and Jameis Winston which makes my next point.

He brought us Jameis Winston. One of the best quarterbacks we've seen in the last 10 years. In his first year as a starter he brought the team, i'm about to repeat myself, to their first National Championship since 1999. AND THEY WON.

Jimbo may have had his flaws. Every coach does. But you wouldn't find Jimbo in a scandal or any drama. Which is more than I can say for most college football coaches (I mean, look at the Tennessee Greg Schiano mess). He treated those players like his sons. You can find videos of him holding their face masks and talking to them to put them in their place when they are misbehaving on the field. He didn't support anything unsportsmanlike. And guess what, his players respected and looked up to them for that. (you can literally hear Jameis say this in an interview i promise).

All I'm saying is, I'm a heart broken. We went from a legend to a legend. Bobby Bowden passed the torch to an amazing person and I just hope that we can find a head coach that touches our hearts like they did.

On the other more newsworthy hand, Jimbo received a $75 million 10 year contract offer from the Aggies. Thats $7 million and some change a year. So I get it; he was only making $5 million and some change a year at FSU. This has opened up and even stronger debate about the fact that the NCAA "can't afford to pay college athletes" but can afford a $75 million move for a head coach?
I have to agree with this. I've always been supportive of the idea of paying student athletes. They are at risk of series injury every day. Not just broken bones, but life threatening injuries. Think about Inky Johnson of the Tennessee Vols. Or Eric LeGrand of Rutgers. Yes I understand that the university if paying them with free education and facilities but that may not be enough if you end up not being able to finish school on top of medical expenses.

What's your thought on this issue?

// I've literally witnessed a football play get paralyzed on the field when I was in high school. My mom was his nurse for years until he unfortunately died from his injuries. J.T. Townsend. Look him up. \\

Comments

See What's Happening On Twitter