Last Week Took An L But This Week We Bounced Back

Last week FSU may have taken a massive loss but nothing mends the wounds of a loss like a win the next week. Especially when the Florida Gators lose against Texas A&M. Florida State took on the 4-2 Duke Blue Devils this past weekend. Once again I was working during this game so I could only watch bits and pieces, but while researching I found some headlines that said FSU "survived" against the Blue Devils. With only an 11 point lead over Duke at halftime, our young team didn't have much room for error. Being tied 10-10 with only 8 football minutes in the 4th, freshman Cam Akers makes a 42-yard touchdown to bring the 7 point lead that would ultimately be the final score. Go Cam Akers you go Cam Akers!!

Okay so my theory is proven, the Jags literally can't win at home. Is it because Blake Bortles gets drunk at TacoLu for 4 hours nights before the games? Shots fired? Sorry if I offend anyone but Blake stopped going to the beach bars every weekend after all of the... smack talk... he was getting for going out partying more than he was getting game-ready. I have a friend that works at TacoLu and she sees him in there often right before games. Whoops, cats out the bag. Anyways, I digress. The Jags lost to the Los Angeles Rams this week at home. Again, I was working during this game but I was able to catch the first quarter. I was pleasantly surprised with the game play. The Rams come out with a freaking punt return touchdown but LITERALLY THE NEXT PLAY Leonard Fournette runs for a touchdown. Literally the first play of the game. Seriously so happy for this guy. Long story short though our happiness never lasts long because after a few back and forths Jags end up being down at the half 17-10 and we can't catch up with Bortles' interceptions and Fournette being taken out of the game due to a minor leg injury. The Jags rely heavily on him for key plays. Luckily, Fournette should be playing in week 7.

Here's a look at my NIGHTMARE of a week 5 in fantasy. Of course I still pulled a W cause i know how to pick em. I will miss OBJ but he posted on Instagram after his ankle surgery saying he'll be back next year stonger than ever! Tom Brady with a shoulder injury, still expected to play in week 6. And my TE Charles Clay with a knee injury. My bench wasn't promising either with Willie Snead coming off of his suspension as questionable with a hamstring injury. So for week 6 I had to pretty much create a brand new team... but no worries..... my week 6 doesn't look like it'll be too disappointing.

Comments

See What's Happening On Twitter